Facebook Tales

I met this guy a few years back. Like two years ago? I’m not so sure. He meant the world to me. He was nothing like I’d ever seen before. We would have long winding, unending chats. He would tell me of his escapades whilst growing up.


He was nothing like what he had been through. He made me laugh even at the most annoying thing. He would say “a couple that farts together, lives together” and although that sounded whacky, it ceased to be when he actually farted in my face.

How did we meet? On Facebook! Yes, on Facebook. I had heard of tales of people starting a harmless chat on Facebook and actually getting along after the first “date”.

I had no anticipations of romance though. All I wanted was his friendship. But it moved fast from that. Soon, we started spending time together. Soon, he started telling me tales of his failed relationships and all too soon, a simple “Hi” turned into an “I love you.”

I was shocked. Well, not really. I had fallen in love with him too. A day never passed without a message from him. We would video chat all day as though we had nothing doing. Each moment spent with him was worthwhile.

One tale I remember him telling me was a naked run he partook in while in university and he wanting to try a quickie at work. Yes, those were the silly things we spoke about. But he was brainy too and he gave good advice. But I doubt he took any of those advices himself.

His life was full of tales. Sometimes I thought him to be a mystery. He’d do the inexplicable of things; like hosting his friend’s ex-girlfriend in his house for a week. I loved him nonetheless cos I trusted him.

But it didn’t last long. The tales dwindled and there was nothing to sustain our relationship. There was nothing more to be said but for “Good morning, how are you?”, “Hi, what’s up?” and anytime I asked for a tale he’d retort, “I’m not a story teller”.

Soon, the scales fell off and the reality set in. It was just the tales that held us together and once there were no more, we started drifting apart. Soon, the “hi” and “hellos” also declined and there was no more to be said. He was gone. Or was I?

The last I heard of him was like a year ago but once in a while I open my Facebook messenger just to read those tales and smile to myself. It was worth the try though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Kwame Nkrumah's "first born" surfaces

THE "AIETA MODEL" OF COMMUNICATION AS PROPOUNDED BY EVERETT ROGERS IN HIS BOOK "DIFFUSION OF INNOVATION"

MON-TRAN EXPANDS SERVICES