I love being Efo Kojo -Kofi Adjorlolo

Ghana’s movie landscape has been taking a different swift for some time now with the introduction of foreign elements.

Movies such as Shirley Frimpong Manso’s “Adam’s Apples”, “Perfect Picture”, “Mummy’s Daughter”, “Wanna be” amongst others can be describe as some of the “glamorous” movies which have stolen the hearts of many Ghanaians, especially the youth.

Kofi Adjorlolo is one of such actors who has also featured in a countless number of movies such as God Loves Prostitutes, Mummy's Daughter, My Mother's Heart, Official Prostitutes and Ghana-Nigeria collaborations such as My First Experience, Golden Adventure and Power of the Gods.

He has played alongside renowned actors like Ini Edo, Genevieve Nnaji, Patience Ozorkor, Ramsey Nouah, Emeka Ike, Olu Jacobs and Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia.

Contrary to what people might think that the actor would not take any role alongside actors like Agya Koo, Kyeiwaa and the likes, Mr Adjorlolo says he is looking forward to a day when he would be called to act in local parlance.

Speaking on e.tv Ghana’s morning show, Awake, on his role in the new TV series, “The Miser’, Mr Adjorlolo said for the first time he is enjoying what he is doing.

“I’ve never done anything comedy. However, the role is what I love to do and I believe I’m doing it well,” he remarked.

“I believe I’m doing something real.”

Kofi Adjorlolo plays the lead role in “The Miser” as Efo Kojo. He is a wealthy farmer who hides the fact that he is rich from his family and friends and tries to live an economical life. Aside being strict, he tries to dominate his family with stingy ideologies.

The story line also dwells much on agriculture and addresses wastage in the Ghanaian society. The series features some of Ghana’s finest actors and actresses such as Selassie Ibrahim, Nana Ama McBrown, Nadia Buari, John Dumelo, Roselyn Ngissah, Grace Nortey, James Gardner, Henry Agba and Beverly Afaglo.

According to the ace actor, for the first time, he is involved in something that “I can see myself as Efo.”
In an exciting mood, Kofi Adjorlolo recollected events which have led to the manner in which he plays the role of Efo perfectly.

“When I was given the script by Selassie and I got to know that I was going to play an Efo, I remembered one or two people who behaved like Efo and so I introduced little bits and pieces to the series,” he remarked.

Asked if he would retire from acting “glamorous” movies, this is what the actor had to say.

“I need to do all. It’s better to prove yourself as a professional by taking different roles.”

He said he is looking forward to receive a call from any of the local movie producers “to come over and play roles in which I will have to speak Twi or Ewe.”

He expressed his appreciation to Selassie Ibrahim of Smarttys Management and Productions for the role, Grace Nortey, a veteran actress and Richard Kwame Prempeh of Village Productions for introducing him to the movie industry.

Ending the interview on a very light note, Kofi Adjorlolo said he is not going to retire from the industry any time soon.

“Even in my grave I will still be acting. I believe they will even use my grave for location,” he said.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Kwame Nkrumah's "first born" surfaces

THE "AIETA MODEL" OF COMMUNICATION AS PROPOUNDED BY EVERETT ROGERS IN HIS BOOK "DIFFUSION OF INNOVATION"

MON-TRAN EXPANDS SERVICES