My testimony

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways, My ways, says the Lord (Isaiah 55:8)


In some few hours another year will come to an end. I know many of us started the year 2017 with so many hopes and aspirations, with several resolutions, with several promises to ourselves, to our families, to our parents, to our friends, and most importantly to God.

Many like myself may not have achieved the long list of wishes and desires we hoped for in the year but God has been good nonetheless. He’s been a faithful father even when we strayed like the prodigal son. And on the last day of the year as has been the tradition, many of us will troop into the House of God to show our appreciation for all He’s done and is yet to do and once again make some one or two resolutions.

Looking back at 2017, from January till now, all I can see is God’s goodness in my life. Yes, I may have had a tall list of items I wanted to achieve, top of them was to have a closer walk with God and spend more time with Him in prayer and least of them to read a new book each month. I tried. I put in efforts but for the last and I think I read some few pages of every book I came across (lol).

I remember this because I kept a journal for the first time as part of reminding myself of how close I was to achieving the long list of items; and every month, at least for the first quarter I noted everything that came my way; blessing or trial.

In January, God saved me from what could have been a fatal accident. In February, God brought a very important person into my life. In March, I was promoted at work when I least expected it and fell sick on my birthday which landed me in the hospital. That was all I put down. The other nine months I don’t remember and as hard as I try to recollect events of every month, I just can’t remember. That is not to say God didn’t do anything for me in those nine months. I believe He did, but I failed to note them down. And worse of all, that closer relationship I sought with Him, didn’t actually materialise the way I thought it would.

Honestly, when I started writing this, I didn’t know what I was going to write about. I didn’t know what my testimony was but God just reminded me that my failure to remember is not cause I failed to note them down. It’s only cause I took the rest of the months for granted. I thought it was just a normal routine for whatever happened in those nine months to happen. I failed to acknowledge that even waking up each day was a miracle. I was only looking out for the “BIG” events. But every morning, when I open my eyes and take in a new breath of life, that’s God’s reminder that He has just done a new thing in my life.

It doesn’t matter the long list of items we hope to achieve in the year, what matters is the life we have. That’s not to say that don’t have desires and wishes for the year 2018; but don’t be despaired if things don’t go as planned. Rather, acknowledge that God is faithful in everything.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Kwame Nkrumah's "first born" surfaces

THE "AIETA MODEL" OF COMMUNICATION AS PROPOUNDED BY EVERETT ROGERS IN HIS BOOK "DIFFUSION OF INNOVATION"

MON-TRAN EXPANDS SERVICES